I’m excited by the response to the traveling notebook idea!
Here is the list of willing participants I have so far:
It’s not too late to join if anyone else is interested.
Before I get started (I assumed I would be first if that’s OK with everyone else), I thought we should establish some rules. I think everyone who is participating should have a say in the rules.
Here are the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants rules to help you get the ideas flowing…
We the sisterhood hereby instate the following rules to govern the use of the traveling pants:
1. You must never wash the Pants.
2. You must never double-cuff the Pants. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky.
3. You must never say the word “phat” while wearing the Pants. You must also never think to yourself “I am fat” while wearing the Pants.
4. You must never let a boy take off the Pants (although you may take them off yourself in his presence).
5. You must not pick your nose while wearing the Pants. You may, however, scratch casually at your nostril while really kind of picking.
6. Upon our reunion, you must follow the proper procedure for documenting your time in the Pants:
On the left leg of the Pants, write the most exciting place you have been while wearing the Pants.
On the right leg of the Pants, write the most important thing that has happened to you while wearing the Pants.
7. You must write to your Sisters throughout the summer, no matter how much fun you are having without them.
8. You must pass the Pants along to your Sisters according to the specifications set down by the Sisterhood. Failure to comply will result in a severe spanking upon our reunion.
9. You must not wear the Pants with a tucked in shirt and belt. See rule #2.
10. Remember: Pants=Love. Love your pals. Love yourself.
Obviously our own rules will be very different. For example, I was thinking of something along the lines of:
You must identify any foreign substance that makes its way into/onto the Notebook for the peace of mind of everyone else who will be using the Notebook. (You may lie if necessary.)
OK, your turn.