A meme! The quintessential slacker post (except for the whole 50 questions part—50?!). This comes by way of Susan.
1. Do you like blue cheese? I avoid sad foods as a general rule. You are what you eat.
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? Not unless you count the time when I was 5 and I picked up an old butt (cigarette butt) out of the gutter and pretended to smoke it. I didn’t inhale, though.
3. Do you own a gun? I’ve got two glue guns stashed in my laundry room right now. Just in case…
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? What kind of restaurant serves flavorless drinks? And what chumps are actually paying for these? Add your own flavor—humph—I’ll tell you somethin’.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Only if they’re womanly. I’m very shy.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Ditto Susan. Simultaneously disgusting and delicious.
7. Your favorite Christmas song? Amy Grant’s Breath of Heaven. It’s real perdy.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Depends on what I’m eating.
9. Can you do push-ups? Plural? All of my push-ups come in pairs.
10. What is your favorite movie? I don’t really have one, but if you put a gun to my head I would probably say Pride & Prejudice. I can watch it over and over. My most oft quoted movies, however, are Napoleon Dynamite, A Christmas Story, Princess Bride and Better Off Dead.
11. What is your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring. (One of my favorite memories of my grandmother is riding in the car with her when she realized she’d forgotten to put on her clip-on earrings and her saying, “Oh, I just feel naked without my jewel-ry!)
12. Favorite hobby? Reading, writing, couch-potatoing
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? Define work.
14. Do you have ADD? I made it all the way to question 14, didn’t I?
15. What’s one trait you hate about yourself? Slackery
16. What’s your middle name? the
17. Name three thoughts at this moment.
Quick—think of something interesting/amusing. I’ve got nothing.
I hate it when if feels like there’s something in my nose.
There is something in my nose. Did I just walk the girls to school like that? Did anyone notice?
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. My child’s love with a chocolate chip cookie. That is all.
19. Current worry right now? My sink is full of dishes again.
21. Current hate right now? dirty dishes
22. Favorite place to be? At home, somewhere out of view of my kitchen sink.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Watching my son blow up like a balloon after eating a pistachio.
24. Where would you like to go? Italy, England, Hogwarts (the real Hogwarts, but not the dungeon—it scares me)
25. Name three people who will complete this. Whichever (whatever? whoever? whomever?) slackers are in need of a post.
26. Whose answer do you want to read the most? Madhousewife
27. What color shirt are you wearing? brown
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? What kind of hussy do you take me for?
29. Can you whistle? Melodically? Yes. Two fingered-ly? No.
30. Favorite color? Green. Like this:
31. Would you be a pirate? Only if I could have the wise-cracking parrot. Actually, I’d rather be the wise-cracking parrot.
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Most recently, Ghetto Supastar. I heard it on the radio yesterday, and it’s stuck in my brain. Quick, somebody sing something else.
33. Favorite girl’s name? I just like to call everyone dude.
34. Favorite boy’s name? See #33.
35. What’s in your pocket right now? loose threads and my fingers
36. Last thing (person) that made you laugh. BigHugs saying, “Mom, I want to be a piggy for Halloween, but I don’t want to get all muddy.”
37. Best bed sheets as a child? rubber
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I tore my achilles tendon playing soccer in the 6th grade. It still gives out if I try to run more than a couple of miles (and by still, I mean the last time I tried, which was like 15 years ago).
39. What is your favorite snack? cheetos—pure, delicious evil
40. Favorite thing to do on Sundays? watch my kids draw
41. Who is your loudest friend? My oldest sister. Right, Mad? (Mad’s not the oldest.)
42. How many dogs do you have? I’m not really a dog person. Or a drool person. Or a shedding person. Or a smelly person. Or a pooper scooper person. (I’m not really a pet person at all.)
43. Does someone have a crush on you? yes
45. What is your favorite book? Pride & Prejudice
46. What is your favorite candy? Junior Mints. Who’s going to turn down a Junior Mint? It’s chocolate, it’s peppermint, it’s delicious! It’s very refreshing!
47. What is your favorite sports team? Eh?
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? I don’t actually plan on dying, but this one is very sweet and peaceful and hopeful. I’d want them to play it from me to my kids.
49. What were you doing at 12 am last night? Watching Silar cut somebody’s brain open, and wondering what the heck was wrong with me that I wasn’t already in bed.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? Why? (Not why on the question, just why.)