Now with bonus commentary and linkage!
OK, so yeah, this is totally cheating since I already posted this on Facebook like two days ago, but whatever. I have visitors coming this morning and my hair is still wet and I’m fairly certain there is something that could be picked up or tidied downstairs. Plus there are still a couple of you out there who I haven’t cornered into being my friend on Facebook, so it will be new for someone, right?
Thanks to Amanda and Susan, who both gave me the idea on FB.
25 Random Things About Me.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
1. I have a Facebook nemesis–a friend from almost 20 years ago who goes around beating all of my high scores on random Facebook games. Trying to win back the top spot accounts for 50% of my daily activities. Just kidding. Mostly. (As of now, I’m kicking his boo-tay on biggest brain and word challenge, and I have a slight lead in mini-golf and geo challenge. We’re tied in bowling at 221, though he’s won more challenge matches than I have so he’s got the #1 spot. Harumph!)
2. Because of Geo Challenge, I now know there’s a country named Vanatu, and its national flag is black, green and red with a little yellow squiggly swirly in the black part. Obviously, time well spent. (A couple Geo Challenge flag tips for you: “Iraq is black” and “Nauru is blue”.)
3. I suspect my husband is cheating. In our FB Scrabble games. That’s right, the secret to 15 years of marital bliss is online board games. Our passion is still burning with the red, hot fiery flames of words like “picaroon” and “gonads”. I still don’t believe he came up with “picaroon” on his own.
4. My family thinks my guacamole is the best on the planet. My homemade pizza too. (I think they’re high about the pizza thing–it’s not bad, but nothing to write home about–but the guac is good, baby.)
5. I’ve mostly lost my passion for cooking since having kids with multiple food allergies.
6. Speaking of food, I have food texture issues. I won’t go near anything soggy, and peaches, plums and grapes give me the heebee jeebees. (And don’t even get me started on raisins! This list could go on for like a mile, and yet I still don’t consider myself a picky eater.)
7. Speaking of grapes, I think all grape-flavored foods and candies are disgusting. Ew. And ew.
8. I once single-handedly repaired my washing machine with duct tape. Actually, I think I used both hands. It was still impressive. Trust me.
9. I have a thing for vampires that has nothing whatsoever to do with Twilight. I loved vampires before it was cool to love vampires.
10. I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of the best shows in the history of television. And not just because it has vampires in it. Speaking of awesome vampire television shows, my Moonlight DVDs came last week (a birthday gift from Mad via an Amazon gift card)! I will have to write a whole separate post about this Ho Nuva Level of awesomeness that is Moonlight.
11. Dishes are my most dreaded household chore. Shudder, shudder, shudder.
12. I have a goal to travel to Italy and England. I’d love to see Jane Austen’s house. Or maybe just the pond Mr. Darcy dives into in A&E’s Pride & Prejudice. Or the misty marsh (this link is bonus awesome, trust me!) the other Mr. Darcy walks across in the other Pride & Prejudice.
13. My #1 goal right now is to get 100% playing Everlong on bass on Rock Band 2. So far, I’m up to 97% on hard. And when I get 100% on expert, you can bet good money I’ll be posting video of the momentous occasion on youtube.
14. Rock Band makes me feel like a rockstar. (I’ve got plans for a Rock Band post. Stay tuned…)
15. Hearing my 3 year old daughter singing “Hungry Like the Wolf” gives me no pause. Realizing that hearing my 3 year old daughter singing “Hungry Like the Wolf” gives me no pause gives me a little pause.
16. My #2 goal right now is to get my 3 year old potty-trained by Valentine’s Day 2009. Why Valentine’s Day? So I can truly love her on the official day of love.
17. I’m fairly certain my kids are among the funniest on the planet. Ever.
18. I have been known to eat an entire bag of Cheetos in two sittings. Sometimes I even regret it.
19. I am the only one with my name on all of Facebook, which makes me wonder how I’m getting friend requests from people I’ve never heard of. It’s not like they could have meant “the other Bythelbs”.
20. I sometimes think I should be doing more with my life.
21. I want to be a writer when I grow up.
22. I’m a very sentimental person and form irrational attachments to things that remind me of people I love and care about. (I still have a crumpled up gum wrapper that a boy I had a crush on when I was 16 tossed at me. It’s just been in my scrapbook since I put it there almost 20 years ago. I don’t like sleep with it under my pillow or anything.) Losing these kinds of things in a house fire or other natural disaster is one of my greatest fears.
23. I have entire conversations with people in my mind that I would never have in person. Not in a million years. Although, occasionally I regret having left some things unsaid. (We just talked about this.)
24. My favorite song right now is Read My Mind by The Killers. I don’t know why. (Maybe it has something to do with #23. Hmmm…) I just love it. Oh and I’ve got tickets to see The Killers in April!
25. One talent I wish I had, but totally don’t, is singing. I really, really wish I could sing. Well. Not even amazingly well. Just regular old well. Or maybe delightfully well. (Someday I might show you the video DynaGirl took of me singing both parts of a duet of “Come On, Eileen” on Singstar.)
I tag anyone who hasn’t done it yet (maybe Alison
?), and if you have, I encourage you to post yours on your blog also so as to validate my own choice to do so.