Our little caboose is six! Where does the time go? No, really, where??
In honor of her 6th birthday, six random things about BigHugs:
1. She loves piggies–absolutely adores them. She came home from kindergarten one day outraged because one of her little friends said pigs are dirty and gross. She wouldn’t eat bacon for the longest time when she realized from whence it came (though she’s starting to get over that one). I’ve lost count of her piggy related paraphernalia, but believe me, it’s plentiful.
2. She is one of my most timid children, NEVER speaking to strangers and rarely speaking to acquaintances. It takes a long time to be welcomed into her circle of trust. I can’t say this bothers me much, though I sometimes worry about her coming off unfriendly.
3. She is an extremely picky eater. She loves cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries, bananas, apples, grapes, melon, pancakes, bread, brown sugar/cinnamon pop tarts (yes, I let my child eat pop tarts–get over it!), chocolate milk and cosmic brownies. She mostly stays away from meat except for the occasional poultry product, but she’ll eat scrambled eggs and cheese on occasion. I don’t bother stressing about it anymore.
4. She’s willing to try new things (with the exception of food, of course). Last year she took a ballet/tap combo dance class, and despite her shy nature, got up on that stage on recital day and danced her little heart out.
5. She has a fantastic sense of humor, and, like the rest of her siblings, is pretty handy with the one-liners. Mr. T is often saying, “BigHugs, you’re awesome.”
6. She hugs me and tells me she loves me at least a dozen times a day. I’m going to enjoy that while it lasts.
Happy birthday, BigHugs! I love you, too!