We the sisterhood hereby instate the following rules to govern the use of the traveling notebook:
1. The Notebook should be kept for a period of about one week. The Notebook should be circulated in a timely manner. (No one should have a chance to forget its existence before they’ve had a chance to see it.) See the list at the back of the book for the next sister to send it to.
2. There is no minimum/maximum entries requirement, but keep in mind the Notebook is for everyone, not just you. (Don’t be a page hog.)
3. Don’t use the Notebook for your blog. Don’t blog/tweet/fb about anyone else’s entries. Don’t duplicate your own entries for your blog unless you’re using the Notebook to tell the “real” story you would be too embarrassed to post on your blog (which would actually be encouraged).
4. You must identify any foreign substance that makes its way into/onto the Notebook for the peace of mind of everyone else who will be using the Notebook. (You may lie if necessary.)
5. The Notebook must never enter a bathroom. In case of emergency (ie: being in a public place and having to use a restroom and there’s no one to hold the Notebook while you’re in the bathroom, the Notebook must be safely tucked inside your jacket or purse or something so that it never touches the facilities.)
6. Don’t share anything too private. We are all interested in the intimate details of your life, but not the intimate details. It may also be wise to leave out anything that could be used against you in a court of law.
7. You must never tear pages out of the Notebook. There will never be a time when this will not be tacky. This isn’t a time to be perfect, but a time to be real. (Exceptions would be in cases of violations of some of the above rules–use your best judgement.)
8. You may comment on other entries, but be respectful. And witty.
9. For the last page you write on before mailing it to the next participant: On the left side of the page, write the most exciting place you have been while in possession of the Notebook. On the right side of the page, write the most important thing that has happened to you while in possession of the Notebook. Also, affix some kind of memento of your week to the cover, taking care not to interfere with what others have already contributed to the cover decorations.
10. Remember: The Notebook=Love. Love your sisters. Love yourself.
Sorry it took so long, but I decided I would wait until I had finished my week with the Notebook so I could make them up as I went along. I think I managed to include everyone else’s contributions as well.
The plan is to send it on its merry way tomorrow. You’re up next, Tawnya, so keep an eye out for it.
Have a great weekend, ladies!