OK, so technically I wasn’t tagged, but ShazBraz invited all who wanted to play along with this “10 things you like that start with the letter _” to go ahead, and was even so kind as to assign me a letter. And the letter is…Y! Gee, thanks Shaz.
10 things I like that start with “Y”
1. Yahoo—As in the search engine. Do you Yahoo? I actually prefer Google, but it doesn’t start with a ‘Y’, see? I probably Google, er, I mean Yahoo, just about everyday. My latest searches include: best places to stay maui (Yes, we’re going to Hawaii in June!), lustre v. glossy (I had a bunch of pictures printed last week and can never remember which finish I prefer.), debaucle (I looked it up after using it in a FB IM chat with Shaz because it didn’t look right. It wasn’t right. It’s debacle.), him him him what you gonna do about him (I couldn’t remember who sang that song. It’s Rupert Holmes, apparently. No wonder I didn’t remember.)
2. yawn—I’m a night owl and always stay up later than I should and almost always regret it in the morning. I like some alone time once all the kiddos are in bed. I think my husband is sometimes annoyed that I often stay up so much later than he does, but this is pretty much the only time I have for me. Not that I do anything useful or constructive with this me time. It’s usually just catching up on my DVR’d shows (of which I have way too many) or my Buffy DVDs (I’m on the season finale of season 3), or reading if I’m in the reading mode.
3. yeast—I love, love, love bread. It might be my favorite food group. Sourdough is at the top of the list followed by just about everything else. Give me a roll, a breadstick, a loaf, whatever—I’m happy, happy, happy. Chuck and I went out to dinner at this local Mediterranean place last Friday and we ordered the Italian cheese bread with marinara dipping sauce for an appetizer even though we’d be getting the focaccia bread with garlic butter with our entrees. Mmm…bread.
4. yolk—Love eggs. Love them. Scrambled, fried, boiled, you name it. I especially love omelettes. The Denver omelette is one of my favorites. Eggs? Good. Ham? Good. Onions? Good. Peppers? Good. Cheese? Goooood. Especially when served with sourdough toast. Mmm…toast.
5. yesterday—I’m a very sentimental and nostalgiac kind of person. I love my memories and all kinds of mementos that hold no value except for the memories attached. I have a really hard time letting go of these kinds of things. I have a whole box of notes from my high school BFFs, just about every love note ever given to me by my children, scraps of paper (like grocery lists and curtain measurements) written by my mom, and I could go on and on. Losing these things in a fire or other natural disaster is one of my greatest fears.
6. Yaz—Or Yazoo, as they’re called in Britain. I love everything 80s, and have a special place in my heart for synthesizer pop. Yaz, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys. What’s not to love? This is one of my favorite Yaz songs. Sorry for the poor quality, there aren’t a lot of videos to choose from and I was trying to find one that showed both Alison and Vince. The audio starts about 17 seconds in.
7. yule—Love Christmas. Love it.
8. yuk—I love to laugh. I love to make people laugh, and I love to laugh at people. I mean with people. Especially you people. Laughter really is the best medicine. An awesome quote from Mr. Twain: “The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.” And from Mr. Katsopolis:
This one’s good for a laugh, too. Yuk, yuk, yuk. Classic.
9. yes—One of my favorite words to hear: Can we go to Hawaii in June? Yes. Did you go potty in the toilet? Yes. Do you think I’m awesome? Yes. And to say: Would you like a foot rub? Yes. Can I do all the dishes for you? Yes. Would you like some more bread? Heck yes.
And last, but certainly not least…
10. you—Yes, you, dear readers. You are one of my most favorite things. Thank you. I love you. Thank heaven for you. Good day to you.
If you would like to play, let me know and I’ll happily assign you a letter.